Friday, April 19, 2013

Happiness

Happiness has its universal definition which can be readily find in any dictionary. But the actual definition of happiness very much depends on each individual. Some people find happiness in little things but some people don't. I think the group of people who can truely express their happiness are kids. The happiness that they expressed is from the bottom of their heart; so pure and innocent. Unfortunately, as we grow older, expressing our true feelings seems to be an extremely big challenge.

I have reached a point in my life where I start to ask myself what is true happiness. I am beginning to find my true definition of HAPPINESS. What is the key to happiness? Is it simplicity? Is it being contented? Is it being rich & famous? Is it seeing others happy and I will be? There seems to be no answer to these questions. Take for example, I see people living in undeveloped countries like Vietnam leading a simple yet happy life. I also see people living in developed countries like Singapore who are rich & famous and are very happy with their life. 2 exact opposite and yet they are happy. What is what? Which is which? I am confused.I am neither living in an undeveloped country nor rich & famous, is that the reason why I can't find my definition of true happiness?

No comments:

Post a Comment